Forum

Temporary Project Board Hookup

More
2 months 1 week ago #631 by ericleven
ericleven created the topic: Temporary Project Board Hookup
I'm planning a Halloween costume that will use a Foxonix Project Board for sound; it won't be a permanent installation.

I'm wondering what folks do to make their Projects Board hookup more temporary (rather than soldering directly to the board). Female headers and jumper wire? Are there other solutions I'm not familiar with?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #632 by foxonix
foxonix replied the topic: Temporary Project Board Hookup
Hey Eric:

When we want to do a changeable/removable Project Board setup, we solder a 2 x 13 male header on the Project Board itself and then plug that into a 2 x 13 female socket. Then we solder the necessary wires to the female socket. See the attached photo.

Strangely, we don't have these parts for sale in the online shop, though they do come with the Arduino Shield kit. We'll get them up so that our users can order them.

If you can still use these parts and if we can get them to you in time, we'd be happy to send them to you. Send us a note at info[at]foxonix.com

- Will @ foxonix

Foxonix - make your ideas heard.
@foxonixdev
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #633 by ericleven
ericleven replied the topic: Temporary Project Board Hookup
Ah, genius! I hadn't thought of that. Most helpful, thanks.

I can find those parts at my local electronics shop, so no rush getting them on the store. Though the next time I buy some Project Boards, I'd probably add some to my cart if you made them available...

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds