Forum

Warnings from Developer Studio

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #574 by ericleven
ericleven created the topic: Warnings from Developer Studio
I've been doing some programming in the Sonix Developer Studio (just editing the sample programs, really), and in one case I'm getting a warning when I compile. I have an audio file called "b2.wav", and the warning window says

File: B2.AS
Line: 0
Warning: 1
Error: 0

The program runs fine; I was just wondering what this warning was about. I didn't see any other information about it.

-eric
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by ericleven. Reason: Uploaded the audio file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #578 by foxonix
foxonix replied the topic: Warnings from Developer Studio
Hi Eric:

Check your project directory and see if there is a file called WAVE_WARNING.LOG. If so, you might find a warning in it that says "Warning:: does not end with silence, it will cause leakage current. Please modify wave source with silence ending"

This warning will occur if a wave file doesn't end with silence (samples set to zero). It's always good practice to end your wave files with a bit of silence, even if it's just a few samples. The reason is that it forces the audio driver to zero at the end of every file. This is to minimize any current draw from the audio driver after the wave file is done playing. In reality, we haven't seen this impact the current draw noticeably, but putting a bit of silence at the end of each WAV file will prevent this warning.

Let us know if this helps. If it doesn't fix the warning we'll look for something else.

Foxonix - make your ideas heard.
@foxonixdev

More
2 years 3 months ago #579 by ericleven
ericleven replied the topic: Warnings from Developer Studio
Yup, that was it. Thanks for your help; good to know!

-eric

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds